If you have photos or information about this orphanage, please e-mail them to us. View the DianBai orphanage page to see an example of the type of information we're looking for. We will put the information you provide on this page to assist other families. We are particularly interested in orphanage photos (current and previous), director photo with name and tenure information, and any miscellaneous information. We appreciate your help in making this project worthwhile to adoption families.
Nanhai City was an ancient town in history and already a shire (214 BC) in the Qin Dynasty, and it became a county in the Sui Dynasty. It was given the administrative status of a city in 1992, and now has a population of over 1 million, plus 1 million migrants.
Nanhai is one of five subordinated cities to Foshan City and existed long before Foshan itself. Situated in the middle of the Pearl River Delta, it has never lacked talents throughout its history. The most famous is Kang Youwei, the brain behind the One-Hundred-Day Reform in 1889 that unfortunately failed to switch the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) into a constitutional monarchy.
The city boasts a dozen places of interest, including Mt.Xiqiaoshan, Golden Bathing Beach, Huang Tai Sen Temple, Nanguo Peach Garden, the Fairy Lake of Danzao, and the former residence of Kang Youwei.
2000 – N/A
2001 – N/A
2002 -- 33
2003 -- 20
2004 -- 77
2005 -- 59
2006 -- 62
2007 -- 42
Available from Research-China:
• Finding Ads - Finding ads are published by the orphanage as the first step for international adoption. The photos used in the ads pre-date a child's referral photo by several months. Additionally, information contained in the ads is very valuable to adoptive families, especially those who have not traveled yet.
• Orphanage Data Book - We offer adoptive families the opportunity to obtain all finding ad data for their child's orphanage as early as 1999 (date varies by orphanage), compiled and organized into a beautiful, 6"x9" hardbound book.
• Photographs of City - Over the years, Research-China has visited many orphanages throughout China. We have built a large catalog of photos from these journeys that are available to families for purchase. They include, for example, pictures of the orphanages and staff, foster parents, finding locations, sites around the villages, towns and cities.
• Birth Parent Search Analysis - A deeper analysis of the orphanage submissions, finding location distribution, gender and health ratios, and other interesting and important characteristics of the adoption program, is available through our Birth Parent Search Analysis. This report is specifically designed for adoptive families who wish to have reliable data to use in relating a child's history, or in deciding to do additional research in a particular orphanage area.
• Nanhai Yahoo Newsgroup - All adoptive families should join their child's orphanage newsgroup. This allows families to exchange information, locate crib-mates, and otherwise remain informed of events and information about their child's orphanage. Click here for more information about the importance of these Yahoo groups.